Google
 

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My time in hell, gripe of the week

For the past two weeks I've been working at my job as a receptionist. Most of the time everything runs smoothly. However, I will be writing my gripes in this blog.
Today I will start with Gripe #1.

Gripe #1

If you have caller ID, don't misuse it.

I get many calls per day with someone asking the question "Did somebody call here?" or any variation of "Somebody called me from this number", or "What is this?", "Who am I calling?".

First of all, I'm a receptionist, not a mind-reader. If I were a mind-reader, I would not answer your phone call believe me,
I'd let the phone ring to my heart's content.

If you're calling someone just because you received a call from that number, then you should at least think of something better to say than to ask such questions. If the number seems strange, then it's either a miss-dialed call, or the call is not meant for YOU.

However, If you feel that it's really important to call back, then think of something important to say. Here are some examples of important things you can say to ME, when you call.



"I'm George W. Bush, and I'd like to let you be the first to know that I'm resigning my post and handing my presidency to you."





"I'm Stan Lee or Sam
Raimi from Marvel Comics/Sony Pictures, I'd like you to take over for Tobey Maguire in the next Spiderman Movie."



This is God, I'm coming back soon. Repent.



Last but not least,
I'm the dude from
GGW and I need a camera man this weekend in Cancun, all expenses paid, are you available?


Aside from that, please restrain yourself from calling. It might be hard to do, but it's not impossible.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home