Google
 

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bums and Buses

Lately I have been riding the MTA bus lines to and from work. What I have to say is not going to be pretty. My gripes about the buses will be listed below.

Gripe #1.
The buses don't run on time.

Either they run too late, or too early. Wednesday morning Rosie and I were five minutes before the scheduled arrival time and the bus was not there. It was scheduled to be there at 6:19. We were there at 6:15. The actual bus did not arrive until 6:45. What's the point of putting up a bus time table if they're not going to be following it?
By the way, I'm usually late to everything, but when I'm early I would at least like to be rewarded by getting all the perks that early people get. Is that too much to ask for?

Gripe #2
Bums.

Bums smell, like urine, sweat, alcohol, feces, dirt. Bums stumble around, talk to themselves loudly, talk to YOU loudly, ask for change, make no sense. I suggest for the MTA buslines to install a decontamination chamber in each bus. That way the bum goes in dirty, comes out clean. I'm sure its as easy to install as their natural gas engine. Believe me, its worth it.

Gripe #3

Graffiti on the bus.

First of all. Taggers do not to have their name written on the seats, poles, windows, walls and i'm sure some of them have tried to write graffiti on a bum. Graffiti is unnecessary, illegible, grammatically idiotic and dirty. No one needs to know that your new name for yourself is; Clevr, zope, zpazo, photoe or any other misspelled or weird name. Your graffiti makes the bus look ugly and it shows how your parents forgot to teach you good manners.



Those were my gripes for riding on the bus. you can share your gripes as well.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A most excellent piece on the current life of the modern day bus traveler living in any metropolitan city in this country. Very sad indeed. Bums and Busess (and Taggers)are what make the bussing system (especially in Los Angeles) a dreadful experience.
Thank you for your insightful but humourous look on this.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too ride the MTA bus line and lately having to ride it at a long distance. Here is my gripe. On Wednesday, I had a training to attend in the city of Downey. I had to be there by 8am. This particular day I had only two buses to take and the first one was 25 minutes late. So , I was running late . When I finally got to my next stop to transfer the bus driver didn't even stop and it was a drop off and pick-up passenger station. What the Hell was he thinking! Luckily the woman next to me said that the next stop would be the one to get off on since thats where my bus was going to stop. Bus drivers can be rude! Sometimes you ask for directions and they mumble or, simply don't want to help you . So not helpful! And man can buses be stinky, nasty , and hell a dirty!

2:53 PM  
Blogger paco said...

excellent comments! i think you my readers are great!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home